Saturday, June 6, 2009

Life: Choosing the toughest ride first

As I think of my experiences, a strong wave of emotions and feelings overpowers my stock of words and phrases . I feel like a kid again who is incapable of putting his experiences into words. From my vocab stock, I have a special word, my favourite word that surpasses my understanding. The word is 'life'. I believe that this is the only word that has as many meanings as the number of people on this earth.This word has no fixed meaning ...infact, its meaning and perception varies from individual to individual. Hence, the word has millions of definitions—some good and some not so good.


Like any other human being, my perception towards life keeps changing with my experiences. I feel that everyday unfolds a new mystery. In the heat of the moment, we perceive something. This is followed by a wide range of speculations, curiosites that futher keep us engaged in solving them. From this busy psychological and emotional schedule , let's take out some time to just focus on one experience at a time. To be honest, take the toughest one. Despite being surrounded by many things at the same time, try to look at just one experience. Try to focus on its positive aspect. Believe me or not, we would feel that there is a positive aspect in our perception towards other things.


One simple instance that supports this view of mine is my experience with rides in a park. I was with my friends and we decided to go for the rides. These included the scariest ones to the simplest ones. I preferred to go for the not-so scary ones first . But someone from the group insisted " let's try the scariest one first". I was the one who backed but then I felt that I should be going for it. I screamed and howled like hell on the ride. I was literally begging to stop the ride, something that was not possible once the ride started . This trauma lasted for five minutes. But when I got off the ride, I was prepared for any damn ride there. I tried the toughest one first and the other rides appeared nothing but a child's play.


This is how it should be. Believe me if one thinks of the worst experience and can curb the negative thoughts and feelings, half the battle is won! So instead of pushing our experiences under the carpet, we should confidently face them and then see the difference.


I tried, it worked :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! And a great post to start with. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU SEEM TO ME AN INTELLECTUAL ONE, WITH BOTHE OF YOU POSTS YOU HAVE EXERTED YOU INFLUENCE ON MY MIND. KEEP WRITING AND THANKS FOR SHARING THESE THIOUGHTS.

    ReplyDelete