Its a slang and a style " c'mon dude , cum out of ur shell' cmon now SMILE"....so i also jus kinda thought of flipping the pages of thesaurus n c what it has to say bout the word.........
I came across the following meanings of the word 'shell'
1. 'A hard outer covering enclosing something'
2. 'Walls of an unfinished or gutted building'
3. 'Hollow metal/ paper case to enclose explosives'
As a reader, I perceived different meanings that I thought of sharing. The interpretation of the meaning of the very word is purely based on my nature, experiences and attitude towards life.Let's take up the first one:
A shell is a hard outer covering enclosing something: We are all surrounded by an outer covering.This is a special covering not visible to the naked eye and is self designed with a view to protect our feelings from the scorching heat(repulsion) of the outside world . We all feel safe, cozy and happy in this shell of our own. The other day while interacting with a friend, my conversation revealed that I was more productive when I am left alone.Here , my being alone signifies my shell- a special private place that I don't share with anyone. Here, I am the one who thinks, I am the one who decides and I am the one who acts. So here all the feelings, emotions are safe and intact. Breaking this shell is not an easy job.
The second meaning-shell is a wall of an unfinished building.....The shell created by us is of course an unfinished building that has the capacity of adding on more stuff to it-if permitted. This includes the bricks of experience that would renovate the shell. It needs repairing and cementing by friendship at times.
The third meaning-metal/paper case to enclose explosives-On this I would say that emotions are no less than explosives. Emotions at times can turn you into an explosive. At times, it is highly recommended not to ignite the human bomb.
So in nutshell, this is how I perceive a 'shell'....perception varies though.
SHAHEEN, YOU HAVE JUST POURED OUT URSELF FROM UR SHELL. IT IS AN INTERSTING POST WHICH IS I THINK VERY ORIGINAL, AND I CAN SAY HERE THAT NOW I CAN ADD ONE MORE PERSON IN MY SHELL WHO IS GOOD AND INTERESTING AND MOST IMPORTRANT- FULL OF KNOWLEDGE. HERE I WOULD DO LIKE TO REMEMBER MY GOD WHO PROVIDES ME KNOWLEDGE TIME TO TIME AS NOW I AM GETTING FROM U.
ReplyDeleteTHIS POST HAS ADDED KNOWLEDGE IN MY SHELL, AND I AM THANKFUL. IT IS REALLY VERY-VERY ORIGINAL POST. VERY GOOD.