Sunday, July 19, 2009

Gestures-straight from the heart

Few days back, I received a very sweet yet a very simple message from a close friend and cousin. The message was about small gestures that cheer you up.It mentioned very simple things that can bring a smile on your face. It talked about simple things we generally forget after some time such as a hand on your shoulder when you are low, a stranger's smile in a crowd of unknown faces, a call from a childhood friend after ages and many more. I remembered few but found the message very appealing and it went straight to the heart.

It somehow forced me to think about such incidents that I also experienced. I thought it will take me ages to think about that but this week itself had many such to offer that I realise now as I sit to write another blog. There are few wonderful incidents that happened few days back that I would love to share. I don't know how a reader would find it but yes to me it was something very touching and soothing.
  • Being fond of making new friends and strengthening the old yet significant ties, I love chatting with people. One day, a close cousin of mine was online. I left a simple message to him saying'Hi'. In return I got something that was sweet and touching. The reply to a simple hi had something to do with a sweet secret that we share. He called me by that name after a long time. I was amazed and touched.I had no clue that I would be hearing that magic word so soon.
  • We always have had a pet at home. My expression of affection is just a small pat when I return from work. Otherwise, being scared of dogs, most of the time, I stay away from it. But this week, I enjoyed so much with it in the rain. For a change, it wagged its tail and like never before, we played in the rain. I was enjoying the best collection of songs that I had and the dog without understanding a word tried being a part of the celebration.
  • Two days back, I received an invitation to attend a prayer meeting, something I longed for. This meeting was a good feast for the soul. The best part was that we were invited very sweetly by our uncle who said that I specially want people who have experienced miracles. He has prayed for me several times and this invitation made me remember those wonderful prayers he said for us.
These are just a few to mention. Though simple, they are close to heart and made a difference to me. I believe that if we take time out to think about such small incidents, it would leave a smile on our face and make us feel better.Stay blessed:)

2 comments:

  1. VERY INTERESTING POST JUST AS I LIKE, I THINK & I FEEL IN THE SAME WAY. AND SEEMS TO ME THAT IT IS A SPONTANEOUS OVERFLOW OF POWERFUL FEELING FROM A SENSITIVE MIND. YOU ALWAYS MAKE ME TO THINK ABOUT THE LITTLE THINGS HAPPENING AROUD ME. THANKS

    ReplyDelete