Tuesday, December 29, 2009

looking back......

Blogging  was an altogether new concept when it was first introduced to me.The word 'blog' was just familiar but I realised its real worth when I created one for myself. I confess I don't write regularly and get back to it only when I am overwhelmed with thoughts and feelings.Thanks to my blog atleast I can keep a track of events that might fade out with the passage of time. Currently whatever is going on in my mind won't take much time to fade out but I want to save it. I want to assess myself, look back and see how life has changed. 

The end of the year too gives a good opportunity to look back.Just 2 more days to go and we will have a new year—full of new resolutions, new promises, new hopes and desires. 2009 for me was a blend of both good and bad. If I think of something bad that happened, the very next second, something good comes to mind. Why can't we rate a year simply as 'good' or 'bad'? God keeps a good balance of both.To me, the year unveiled many things., many unexpected things happened—life changed completely.

Got a chance to travel alone, be by myself , meet people, enjoy a special wedding of a dear aunt.I felt independent and grown up, capable of managing things on my own.I was completely engrossed in work when suddenly I got a chance to visit my family members abroad.Things got planned so quickly that the flying visit still seems like a dream to me.

We lost a family member. The house in sector 21 is not the same anymore. All other members are there but the head of the family isn't. Strange how could things change so quickly? He was recovering well from the surgery but within a month, we lost him forever.

What was so good about the year was the way my ties with the family grew stronger—I got more involved in the family affairs, with really no time left to look back. I feel safe, secured, happy and relieved. I am more inclined towards this big group of near and dear ones.

Professionally I feel I have learnt many things. From learning new skills to getting along well with pals, I feel it is an achievement.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.Still 2 more days to go... I might get a chance to update this one:)

2 comments:

  1. your writing is so embelished that it always puff me with a sense of happiness. ur thoughts are very very real and touching. i wish for the pinky pinkish health of u and ur goody goody aunt who is always present in ur writings. i think she exerted a good influence on ur mind. GOD bless.

    ReplyDelete