Saturday, December 12, 2009

God forgives and gives. Man gets and forgets.

After a tiring day I headed towards the TV room, almost dragging myself to the comfortable chair and all set to wrap myself in my favourite  purple blanket . No particular programme to be watched, nothing interesting or special . But I agree I do watch most of them—probably to be a part of the hearty discussion that goes on during free time.Watching Big Boss would give me that 'space' in the group and moreover very few would be interested in knowing about a programme I saw recently on discovery channel that featured  the royal family of Jaipur.


I kept searching for a new programme —a better one. I started watching some Hindi film showing the frustrations of a fresh off the board Indian guy who is ditched by his Mitr(friend) in Amreeka (US) and how he comes across a mentally challenged child and his family.I left the room to get myself a cup of chai when suddenly the remote slipped into WRONG hands. Anyways I kept quiet and started watching some dance competition.There also some participant's mentally challenged sister had come to cheer her up. Seeing this, my brother. who is otherwise least interested to comment and prefers to act said" meri mam ka beta aise bachchon k saath apna b'day celebrate karta hai". This drew my attention. I tried to explore even more. He was kind enough to elaborate on this one. 


Probably so many incidents I witnessed on TV about 'special children' literally forced me to sit down and write something for them. I don't know whether I am being nostalgic or what but one thing is for sure, I can write as much as I want. It is giving me some satisfaction to some extent— a hidden guilt that comes out at times when I see such children. When we want something badly, we get closer to God and start bribing him with our false promises. I too did that. I remember praying hard to get admission in MSc and serving physically and mentally challenged children—one of the many promises to God that I could not keep. 


Seeing such children always makes me remember that. I have engrossed myself so much into job that I just find  no time to fulfil this promise.I guess sharing it with others would help me realise this even more and probably I start thinking about this unfulfilled promise to God seriously.  I am happy  I watched TV today. At times the 'idiot box' ain't that bad for sure. It showed me my reflex/tion.

2 comments: