Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My testimony

The other day I was reading a book in which the author has beautifully described the most powerful prayer on earth. The title 'the most powerful prayer on earth' itself was so fascinating and irresistible that I immediately picked up the book and started reading it. Though it didn't take me too long to finish reading it, yet the simple and meaningful life experiences shared by the author seemed very encouraging and touching. The book described the most powerful prayer as the one that Jesus said at the time of his crucifixion. Those words "Forgive them God" have been described as the most powerful prayer on earth.

The author talks about forgiveness as the most powerful thing on earth that can completely change the circumstances around us. As believers of Christ, we say in our Lord's prayer "Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us". Earlier, these lines to me were simply a part of the prayer taught to us by our parent. The hidden meaning of these lines was revealed to me when I read this book authored by an incharge of a church who himself has been the victim of wrong allegations.He explains that for the forgiveness of our own sins, we first need to forgive those who have sinned against us.

The book illustrates different examples whereby the victims of molestation, allegations and many such incidents have seen circumstances around them changing by simply forgiving those responsible for their condition. I personally tried it. To be honest, it was the toughest thing to do. How could I forgive them?

The book explained simple steps to finally get rid of the burden and feel free and cheerful in the good company of Christ. I tried following them. The decision to forgive was a strong one. I tried it and it worked. Not only did I realise God's promise of giving us peace if we cast all our burdens on him but I also felt a deep sense of freedom from a burden that was difficult to get rid of.

Thank you Lord for yet another miracle!

4 comments:

  1. Good to see your post after a long time and a good one too. Similar things passed through my head sometime back. http://ashishalex.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!EB40EBA80CBA7414!202.entry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I just checked the link that you mentioned and found the post to be very interesting. Surprised to know that how we as humans tend to relate in terms of ideas. Its just the expression of thought that varies. Yours was far better I suppose!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS POST'S THEME IS VERY NEAR TO MY HEART. IT HAS THE POWER WHICH MAKE US POSSITIVE.

    ReplyDelete